Applying for a Visa to Study

Please note that Clifton High School cannot apply for a visa on your behalf, nor can we provide you with advice on obtaining a visa; you must do this yourself.

Students may need a visa to study in the UK, for example, if they are a non-European Union citizen. To find out more about whether a visa is required, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website:

When you apply for your visa in your home country you may also be interviewed in person or by phone. This is to evaluate your competence in English.

This information is not legal advice. Please make sure you check the UK Visas and Immigration website (address above) for up-to-date information, as visa regulations change regularly.